What are scaling and polishing used for
- Eliminate gum disease – Plaque and calculus are two of the main reasons for gum bleeding, having a scaling and root planning session eliminates the bacteria present, therefore eliminating gum bleeding.
- Disease prevention by removing bacteria that can travel to other parts of the body leading to infections.
- Protecting your teeth by removing plaque and calculus on teeth that can lead to periodontal diseases and bone degeneration. Periodontal diseases can cause teeth mobility leading to their falling eventually.
- Eliminate Bad Breath and Bad Taste – Eliminating pockets that cause bad breath and bad taste in the mouth.
- Restore your smile – Aesthetic reasons by removing stains and calculus on teeth that affect the appearance.